Tuesday 13 July 2010

Life

So this evening/morning I've been talking to a good friend of mine about life. We were talking about both of our lives, what we've done and how things might have been different had we done things differently. It's always really interesting to think what would be different, who has had what significance on your life. But if you had the choice to see what your life would be like had you done something differently, would you want to see? I don't think I would.

This time a year ago, I was petrified at the thought of University. There was no way that I could have gone. Now, I feel the complete opposite. I couldn't be more excited. I've jetted off to South Africa and L.A by myself, then Germany in a few weeks time. These are things that I never imagined I could do alone, yet I've done them. This makes me feel so much more confident about University.
I'm going to meet new people with the same interests as me, establish new friendships and relationships, learn new skills and teach my existing skills to other people. Not to mention the incredible opportunities to come.

The past couple months of my life have been so weird. I've never been incredibly happy one moment, to the lowest I've ever felt before so frequently. Doing things is helping me move forward. I've got a crazy amount of things planned to finish off this gap year with a bang. A few projects in the works, going to Germany to play a new Harry Potter game for EA, then something huge, but until that goes ahead, I'm not saying what it is.

I'm only 19 at this point in time and I feel so ready for the next chapter in my life.

4 comments:

jo smith said...

^.^ That's a fantastic attitude to have! :) Good luck x)

Sam said...

Oh, the what if game.. I've played it a few times, mainly with the idea of what if I hadn't spent 4 years with a certain boy. But then I remember that some of the best moments of my life happened with him and I would never want to take those moments back.

So glad you are so positive and can't wait to read about your adventures in the future! :)

Unknown said...

Hey! I am really happy about this entry, after reading the one about your dad and what you are going trough..

well, it happened to me aswell, my dad had cancer and he had a week left of living when they realized he had cancer. He had to stay in the hospital for three years. The worst of my childhood, he missed everything in my brothers and sisters life.
Now he doesn't have many organs but he is enjoying life like everyone else.. cancer is a frightening word, but remember that good things happens as well :)

And you can always rely on your friends. Don't forget that.

Best wishes for you and your family,

keep the faith and be happy :)

(sorry if I made some mistakes, I'm from Argentina)

Skye said...

This really inspired me. I guess I'm sort of in the same position as you; I'll be off to University soon and man, I was scared as all hell... But, after reading this I actually feel better about it, it's just sort of made me realize that I can go it alone and it's made remember that I have gone it alone before. Everything you've said above is one hundred percent true and now I can't wait to experience all the new stuff I've actually been afraid to experience for so long. There's no point being scared of change because, after all, what doesn't kill you is only going to make you stronger, right?
Thanks, Peej (: